Saturday, March 31, 2012

Month One of the WOTO series Challenge!




The challenge this month was to read Bitten by Kelley Armstrong.


Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1)

This is the first book in the Women of the Otherworld series and I'm glad.  Bitten contains my favorite characters. I don't know if I would have read the series otherwise. The characters in question are non other than Clayton Danvers and Elena Michaels. If you've read this series than you know what I'm talking about if you haven't then you have some serious catching up to do!


Bitten is about Elena who happens to be the only female werewolf. She is angry at Clay and trying to live her life away from the pack. Why is she angry at Clay? He is the one who bit her and turned her. He had his reasons but she can't seem to get over her anger. She tries to put distance between herself and the pack foolishly thinking that it will change things. She thinks that it will give her more control over her life and that she can choose to be more human and less werewolf. She tries to fit in with the humans even though she never really did before she was changed. 

The book opens with her trying to fit in with her human boyfriend who has no clue that she is a werewolf. She gets called to come home to Stonehaven and the pack. She is angry that they won't just leave her alone. She gets over it as she finds out what is going on and gets drawn into it more and more. When two of her pack members are murdered she knows that someone must pay! She is bound and determined to see that it happens one way or another!

The story has a lot of action and some sweet moments between Clay and Elena too!!! Elena is a kick a** heroine! She is strong and resourceful and I would not want to be on her bad side. Clay is sooo sweet with her. They are truly perfect for each other. I love the way the characters interact with each other. The pack truly is like a real family!!! 

The first chapter or two are a little boring but if you really give the book a chance, it makes up for it. I'm so glad that I didn't put it on the shelf to finish later because I would have missed a really good book. This was one of the first werewolf books that I read and I loved it so much that I've been devouring werewolf books since!  Who knows if I'd have the werewolf mania that I do if I hadn't finished reading Bitten! I shudder to think of all the great books that I might have missed including this one.

If you haven't already read Bitten I strongly suggest that you do. It is awesome!

I also suggest reading Men of the Otherworld also by Kelley Armstrong. It contains the story of how Clay and Elena first met and fell in love. :D


I'd love to know what you're thinking. Please leave a comment!

1 comment:

  1. Bitten is a little slow at the beginning but then picks up right midway through, just wait till you read Stolen! Thank you so much for participating!

    ReplyDelete